Monday, July 28, 2008

One Day at a Time

Well, it's been a few days since I wrote something so I figured that today would be a good day. My last post was one of sadness but hope. This weekend I attended my best friend Cassie's baby shower. When I got the invitation I was apprehensive about going because of everything that has been going on in the last month or so. I finally just decided to go. I couldn't miss my best friends first baby shower. We've been friends for 13 years and I didn't want to let her down. When the morning of the shower came, my mom asked how I was doing and I was actually ok. It was the drive there that got me. I talked to my mom like nothing was wrong, but secretly I dreaded seeing her. Her pregnant belly would be the first thing I saw and I knew that I would be saddened by it. But when I got there and saw her for the first time in months, I couldn't help but see how beautiful she was, let alone the happiest I ever saw her. She was glowing. I was so happy for her that the pain of our loss seemed to subside. It was kind of a type of therapy for me to see her open her presents and eat cake and sandwiches with no worry in the world. God coaxed me to go so that I could come to terms with what happened. And he used my dearest friend to help me.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Miranda, I am so glad you are doing better. It will be your turn soon enough...I hope I can be there to eat cake and sandwiches with you...mainly because I love cake! Just kiddin. Love you. By the way, your blog looks great. If you want to get rid of the little circles on your text page you have to change your format to minima with blogger. Call me if you have questions.